April 12th, 2020
Schedule a video session– www.bettytherapy.org
Contact Us 717-321-4926
Here are some ways you can take care of your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual health while sharing a living space during the Coronavirus outbreak:
- create a schedule so everyone has a general idea of what to expect throughout the day
- talk to the people in your living space about your boundaries and set guidelines, if it’s safe to do so (e.g. when I’m sitting on my chair, that means I’m having “me time,” etc.). Encourage the people you’re sharing space with to do the same.
- plan time to connect with people outside your living space (e.g. with a call, text, email, video chat, etc.)
- find a quiet, private place where you can spend time on your own (if you can)
- switch things up by spending time in different areas of your living space
- spend time outside connecting with the lands, waters and wildlife (while practicing physical distancing)
- plan time to do things together (e.g. playing games, doing beadwork, watching a movie, sharing stories, etc.)
- try to be kind to yourself and allow yourself to feel your emotions rather than bottle them up (a tension release exercise can help you manage feelings of anxiety or stress)
- make a list of things you can do either together or on your own (e.g. learning a new skill/hobby, cooking/baking, reading, cleaning, arts/crafts, working out, etc.)
- write a letter to other young people sharing how you’re feeling/encouraging thoughts
work together to protect yourselves from getting sick (e.g. by washing your hands often, coughing/sneezing into your elbow, etc.)
- remember this is a temporary situation — we can get through this together!
Try to take things one day at a time. Your Emotional Wellbeing is Important!
Provided by https://kidshelpphone.ca/