My specialized treatment services include Trauma Focused therapy for children, adolescents, and adults, Sand Tray therapy for children, adolescents, and adults, Dialectic Behavioral therapy for all individuals, Cognitive Behavioral therapy for all individuals, and Parenting Coaching and Skills Building for parents and caregivers.
Trauma Focused Therapy
How common is Trauma?
- 70% of adults in the United States have experienced some type of a traumatic event in their lives.
- 90% of behavioral health clients have experienced a traumatic event.
- Child Abuse and Neglect has long term consequences in physical, psychological, behavioral, and societal well-being.
- Adverse Childhood experiences (ACE) is the largest ongoing examination of the correlation between childhood maltreatment and adult health and well-being.
Free ACE Trauma Assessment Tool
Learn about it: The Adverse Childhood Experiences Study is a research study conducted by the American health maintenance organization Kaiser Permanente and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Participants were recruited to the study between 1995 and 1997 and have been in long-term follow up for health outcomes.
Finding Your ACE Score (PDF opens in a new window) Please complete and we will request this form through our secure email account.)
Sand Tray Therapy
How does Sand Tray therapy help me?
- Sand Tray facilitates a deeper exploration of self.
- A person that has been traumatized, or cannot express their emotions verbally or react to other means of talk therapy respond well to Sand Tray.
- Sand Tray is a non-verbal therapeutic intervention using sand in a box, sometimes the use of water, and objects to help the client build their world.
- With the assistance of the sand tray, clients, guided by their therapist, begin to make a connection between their make believe world and their real world often empowered to make needed changes in their real world.
- The environment presents a safe atmosphere free from threats, violence and retribution.
A Demonstration and Brief Explanation of Sand Tray
Parent Coaching and Skills Building
- Parent coaching provides the caregiver new methods to motivate, encourage and discipline children.
- Coaching and skills are introduced to strive to improve family relationships while providing guidance for raising children.
- Sessions are designed around child development, parenting and discipline styles, effective communication and how to deal with feelings.
- Sessions will be completed 8-10 weeks.
Assessment Tool for Parenting
» Click to Download and Complete the Parenting Worksheet (PDF opens in a new window)